Frequently Asked Questions
What is an integrated marketing agency?
Marketing covers many disciplines – such as public relations, advertising, communications, sales and strategy. An integrated agency works across all of these elements, instead of specialising in just one.
Within these areas lie many sub-disciplines, including social media, event management, community relations, copywriting and branding. By offering a one-stop shop, we help you streamline and work smarter, not harder – no more managing multiple consultants!
What are the benefits of working with a marketing agency?
We often get asked why business owners should outsource their marketing instead of hiring in-house. Well, the whole Deane & Co. team has worked at some point in an internal marketing position before moving into consulting. For all of us, this was a very conscious decision.
This is why we honestly think you should outsource your marketing:
- When you hire internally, you have to choose: pay a high- level marketer to occasionally lick envelopes, or pay a junior marketer who doesn’t have the strategic skills and has no one to supervise them properly. By outsourcing you’ll have access to both for no extra cost;
- Consultants are constantly exposed to a range of industry expertise and other client influences, which enriches the skill set that will be brought to your team;
- You’ll have complete flexibility around resourcing up or down, as required for events, promotions and campaigns;
- As an added bonus, there’s no need for payroll, tax, super and all that boring admin stuff. There are no hidden extras in our proposals, and you won’t get any nasty surprises. If the scope of work changes it will be done in conversation with you and any variations agreed upon before work starts;
- We’re specialists, and we work with specialists. Your internal team have to be generalists in order to get everything done, while we’re able to draw from those who are the best in their industry.
How much does it cost to hire a marketing agency?
At Deane & Co, we base our prices on the amount of time and expertise needed to implement your strategy. We work on a fixed-rate project basis or through an ongoing retainer. Our packages start at $2500/month. See our media kit for more information, or contact us for something tailored to your project.
Should I work with a small or large agency?
There are both positives and negatives to working with big marketing agencies. For instance, a large agency may offer you access to a larger team of people and, potentially, a larger range of services. On the other hand, your account may get lost in the crowd and not get the attention or level of priority that you need.
We like to say we offer the perfect balance. Our small permanent team is able to offer you the boutique service we know you want and need, but our wide network of reliable allies – including graphic designers, web developers, SEO experts and media consultants – means we can grow in numbers and skillsets at the drop of a hat. We don’t pretend to know everything ourselves.
How closely do we need to work with you?
No marketing agency can do its job without close collaboration with clients. At the start of each project, we will need detailed information from you to help us understand your organisation, the project, and your goals. This normally requires an in-person (or Skype!) meeting for a couple of hours. As our partnership continues, we need to work closely with you to stay up-to-date with what is happening in your organisation, your industry, and to get feedback and approvals from you.
We find that the best client relationships are when we are treated as an extension of the internal team. This means keeping us in the loop, responding promptly to correspondence, and flagging any ideas or upcoming opportunities and issues with us ahead of time. While our goal is to free up some of your time so that you can focus on building your business, we do require some of your time to keep things ticking over smoothly.